- SBA 8(a)
- ISO 9001:2015
- ISO/IEC 27001:2013
- ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018
- CMMI-SVC ML3 v2.0
- CAGE 6VE87
- UEI DL3JL6J1XG98
Assurit is currently seeking an experienced Sr. Project Manager to support one of our clients.
Location: Hybrid – Crownsville, MD
- Confidently manage client-facing network and systems engineering projects ranging from fiber-optic network design/upgrades, wireless design/installs, VOIP (Unified Communications), Cybersecurity, Microsoft Exchange/AD, and Identity/Access Management projects.
- Ensures efficient and high-quality installation of new software and/or systems and monitors all technical aspects of implementing projects.
- Effectively manages all aspects of the project including cost-benefit analysis, work plans, functional and technical designs, construction, testing, and implementation and documents all project artifacts into the Skyline and client systems.
- Timely develops and maintains work breakdown structures, schedules, major milestone roadmaps, communication plans, test plans, change control plans, and overall project plans.
- Collaborates with various program and functional managers to identify appropriate solutions, properly allocate resources, and coordinate both internal Skyline IT engineers as well as Client Service Delivery teams to deliver project deliverables and ensure they are easily and quickly integrated into the client’s business environment.
- Collaborates with all necessary departments and team members to ensure project budgets are properly estimated and controlled and develops controls and measurements to monitor progress.
- Proactively identifies risks and risk mitigation strategies and contingency plans for all identified Risks, while maintaining the Program Level issue and risk matrix log.
- Effectively implements established policies, system monitors, and controls to ensure all program initiatives are successfully managed and reported.
- Routinely provides both verbal and written communications regarding project status, risks, and issues, and makes recommendations for project decisions.
- Eagerly provide internal Project Management support as requested or required.
- B.S degree required
- 5+ years of IT and business experience in strategic planning, development, implementation, and system maintenance, preferably across multiple hardware and software platforms
- 3+ years of experience with progressive broad-based information systems Project Management (which could include consulting) combined with state-of-the-art hardware and software systems is desired
- Demonstrated knowledge and implementation experience in new computing architectures and networked computing structure
- Previous technical project management experience in a dynamic environment
- Current Project Management Institute (PMI) Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) and current PMI-Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) or equivalent, preferred
- Experience serving as a subject matter expert who provides technical and analytical guidance to the program and project teams
- Experience managing and directing multiple medium to large-scale projects that may not fit into a defined Program
- Ability to translate generalized customer business goals and objectives into concrete strategy and tactical plans
- Ability to evaluate complex situations accurately and identify viable solutions that create successful outcomes
Working at Assurit
Assurit is an award winning, certified small business headquartered in Fairfax, VA. We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package inclusive of medical and dental coverage, as well as paid time off.
Founded in 2013, Assurit has become a trusted provider of cybersecurity expertise to customers across federal, state and local governments, as well as the commercial sector. We are an employee-centric organization that focuses on the growth and development of our greatest asset – our people. We believe that if our Team is trained and educated, we will always be able to deliver our promise of customer success. If you enjoy work environments focused on continuous learning and growth, Assurit will be a great fit for you.
Whether you saw a specific job opening of ours or are simply interested in learning more about building your career at Assurit, feel free submit your resume. Based on your request, the appropriate individual within our organization will get back to you within 2 business days.
Assurit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.