- SBA 8(a)
- ISO 9001:2015
- ISO/IEC 27001:2013
- ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018
- CMMI-SVC ML3 v2.0
- CAGE 6VE87
- UEI DL3JL6J1XG98
Assurit is currently seeking an experienced Cybersecurity Architect to support one of our contracts!
Location: Onsite – McLean, VA
As a Cybersecurity Architect on our project, you’ll lead the architecture and design efforts of innovative cybersecurity solutions and service offerings to protect federal networks. You’ll coordinate with a dynamic team of thought leaders and experts to identify the right mix of tools and techniques to translate your customer’s IT needs and future goals into a plan that will enable secure and effective solutions. We need to come up with the best solution, so you’ll investigate new techniques, break free from the legacy model, and go where the industry is going. You’ll lead the team through a critical approach to network design, providing alternatives and customizing solutions, to maintain a balance of security and mission needs. This is a chance to make a difference in the security of the government. Your technical expertise will be vital as you help customers overcome their most difficult challenges by leading cybersecurity technologies and domains, including IoT and Cloud security, Automation and Orchestration (A&O), identify and access management, and machine learning. Join our team, as we tackle cybersecurity challenges and shape opportunities to implement solutions and service offerings leveraging investments and proven capabilities.
- 5+ years of experience with IT operations or Cybersecurity
- 5+ years of experience with leading technical project delivery for large, complex organizations
- 7+ years of professional information technology experience
- Experience with architecting Zero Trust solutions, road maps, and capabilities in alignment with industry standards, including NIST 800-207 and DoD Zero Trust Reference Architecture
- Experience with leading product selection initiatives in areas including A&O, AI, analytics, secure DevOps, identify and access management, or network access control
- Ability to work with and guide senior leaders, including CISO, CIO, and CTO, and executives to ideate, build, and execute cybersecurity capability maturation
- Ability to collaborate with project and proposal teams effectively to incorporate cybersecurity solutions and develop high quality implementation plans and roadmaps
- Ability to author technical documentation, whitepapers, and blogs on leading cybersecurity topics and concepts
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- HS diploma or GED
- Experience in a Cybersecurity compliance, operations, or engineering leadership role
- Experience with selecting, designing, and implementing security tools and capabilities for large, complex federal or commercial organizations
- Experience with innovative Cybersecurity capabilities, including A&O, AI and machine learning, NGFW, and Big Data
- Experience with AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Possession of excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- Information Security Certifications, including CEH, CISM, CCSP, CCSK, CISSP, or CompTIA Security+ Certifications
- Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Working at Assurit
Assurit is an award winning, certified small business headquartered in Fairfax, VA. We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package inclusive of medical and dental coverage, as well as paid time off.
Founded in 2013, Assurit has become a trusted provider of cybersecurity expertise to customers across federal, state and local governments, as well as the commercial sector. We are an employee-centric organization that focuses on the growth and development of our greatest asset – our people. We believe that if our Team is trained and educated, we will always be able to deliver our promise of customer success. If you enjoy work environments focused on continuous learning and growth, Assurit will be a great fit for you.
Whether you saw a specific job opening of ours or are simply interested in learning more about building your career at Assurit, feel free submit your resume. Based on your request, the appropriate individual within our organization will get back to you within 2 business days.
Assurit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com