- SBA 8(a)
- ISO 9001:2015
- ISO/IEC 27001:2013
- ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018
- CMMI-SVC ML3 v2.0
- CAGE 6VE87
- UEI DL3JL6J1XG98
8(a) Streamlined Technology Acquisition Resources for Services (STARS) III Government-wide Acquisition Contract (GWAC)
Assurit is pleased to announce that the General Services Administration (GSA) has awarded our organization an 8(a) Streamlined Technology Acquisition Resources for Services (STARS) III Government-wide Acquisition Contract (GWAC) #47QTCB22D0105. The Best-in-Class (BIC) 8(a) STARS III GWAC is a small business set-aside contract that provides flexible access to customized IT solutions from a large, diverse pool of 8(a) industry partners.
STARS III Overview
The Best-in-Class 8(a) STARS III GWAC is a small business set-aside contract that provides flexible access to customized IT solutions from a large, diverse pool of 8(a) industry partners. The 8(a) STARS III GWAC:
- Expands capabilities for emerging technologies,
- Supports both outside of the continental United States (OCONUS) and CONUS requirements,
- Features limited protestability up to $10M, and
- Offers expert guidance from the GSA team, including free scope review services and market research.
Best in Class is a government-wide acquisition designation used to denote contracts that meet rigorous category management performance criteria.
Building on the success of 8(a) STARS II, 8(a) STARS III features a pool of small, disadvantaged businesses (SDB) industry partners who specialize in emerging technologies which allow government agencies to access cutting edge solutions to accomplish IT missions. 8(a) STARS III includes an array of SDB industry partners offering IT services ranging from simple to complex and services-based solutions such as IT help-desk support, information assurance, cybersecurity, artificial intelligence, and more.
BIC designations are given to contracts and vehicles that can be used by multiple agencies and satisfy these five key criteria:
- Rigorous requirements definitions and planning processes
- Appropriate pricing strategies
- Data-driven strategies to change buying and consumption behavior (i.e., demand management)
- Category and performance management strategies
- Independently validated reviews
“The 8(a) STARS GWAC program represents an inclusive opportunity for small, disadvantaged firms to compete within the federal marketplace and gain valuable experience in navigating agency requirements” said GSA Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization Associate Administrator, Exodie C. Roe, III. “More than $18 billion has been awarded through GSA’s 8(a) GWACs, and many successful firms have graduated from the SBA’s 8(a) Program to compete on a larger scale. GSA joins SBA in looking forward to seeing this next-generation contract provide excellent opportunities for small, disadvantaged businesses.”
The BIC Designation:
- Allows acquisition experts to take advantage of pre-vetted, government-wide contract solutions
- Supports a government-wide migration to solutions that are mature and market-proven
- Assists in the optimization of spend, within the government-wide category management framework
- Increases the transactional data available for agency level and government-wide analysis of buying behavior
- Contract Type: Governmentwide Acquisition Contract
- Ceiling: $50 billion
- Ordering Period: Five year base with one three year option, started July 2, 2021
- Task Order Types: Fixed price, time and materials, labor-hour or a hybrid blend
- Contract Access Fee: 0.75%, the same as GSA Schedules
GSA provides centralized procurement for the federal government, managing a nationwide real estate portfolio of nearly 370 million rentable square feet and overseeing approximately $75 billion in annual contracts. GSA’s mission is to deliver the best value in real estate, acquisition, and technology services across government, in support of the Biden-Harris administration’s priorities. For more information, visit GSA.gov and follow us at @USGSA.
Founded in 2013, Assurit has become a trusted provider of cybersecurity expertise to customers across federal, state, and local governments, as well as the commercial sector. We are an employee-centric organization that focuses on the growth and development of our greatest asset – our people. We believe that if our Team is trained and educated, we will always be able to deliver our promise of customer success.
Assurit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.Spread the Word